Hypnotherapy is often surrounded in myths and fear, stage hypnotism, certain TV shows and fear of the unknown have all contributed to the rumours and fear that can surround hypnotherapy.
The truth is very different and hypnotherapy can actually be a very useful tool in your therapeutic journey, see below for the truth about hypnotherapy:
5 Myths about Hypnotherapy
- I will not say “Look into my eyes, look into the eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don’t look around the eyes, look into my eyes… (clicks fingers) you’re under”
- I don’t own a pocket watch
- I can’t make you pretend to be a chicken, Superman, or anything else for that matter
- I will not have any control over you
- I can’t make you fall in love with Philip Schofield
5 Facts about Hypnotherapy
- I can help you to make the changes you want in your life
- I will help you to get rid of your bad habits and replace them with good habits
- I can improve your self confidence and reduce your anxiety
- I could help to remove your phobias and fears, including fear of spiders/heights etc.
- I can help you to reduce your weight without strict diet or excessive exercise
If you’d like to give hypnotherapy a try or would just like further information about how hypnotherapy can help you, why not give Therapy Services call on 01509 769137.